My 2021 Highlights

This post is segmented into Lessons and Highlights. And the latter will provide hyperlinks to different articles on the subject.

2021 LESSONS…

"It is only a fool that lives life without taking its lessons". I believe that everything that hits you, good or bad, leaves you with something. So here are my 21 takeaways from the year 2021. Some of them are patterns I adopted for myself and recommend, whilst some are lessons:
    1. Be patient!

    2. Live in the moment!

    3. Focus on yourself and be kind to yourself!

    4. Be at your best, don’t try to shrink yourself!

    5. Think less; “Overthinking nor fit solve problems” (Nigerian Pidgin English).

    6. Communicate; be expressive!

    7. Lower your expectations of others!

    8. See situations as an opportunity to learn; also learn from others!

    9. You don’t know everything and you can’t!

    10. Genuinely admit your flaws and mistakes!

    11. Not everyone is worth lowering your standards for!

    12. Don’t judge yourself based on other people's opinions!

    13. Have firm boundaries and walk away when you should!

    14. Don’t be judgmental!

    15. Give people a chance, one day you’ll need one too!

    16. Regard those who regard you; It is a fair and healthy way to treat yourself!

    17. Ask for help when you need to - mental, physical, financial, etc; but also know that sometimes you could lose relationships because you asked people who didn’t feel comfortable with your asking; Weigh your options!

    18. Don't be afraid to share your opinion (even if you differ), because it might just be what everyone else needs to hear!

    19. Pause, stop thinking, just breathe!

    20. Be genuine, be honest, be fair!

    21. Practice self-awareness, mindfulness, and self-reflection, daily!


Bonus lessons:

- PRAYER CHANGES THINGS!


Mind your business, but don’t mind it too much, otherwise you will miss out of making a difference in peoples lives. Show concern where you should; genuine concern!


- Worrying doesn’t solve problems. Worry less, problems have a way of fixing themselves when you worry less !


- Don’t force it! If your body doesn’t feel like doing something, don’t force it! Relationship not working? Don’t force it!

 

HIGHLIGHT - 1:

Apart from all the numerous activities that I partook in within this 2021, one of the most soothing and interesting ones is my time at Crisis, which began in May 2021. It was my weekend unwinding activity, as it helped me unwind after having a hectic academic & working week - taking a break from long screen times.😖


 I found it very fulfilling because it offered me an opportunity to be part of a cause I care about; some of which are:


  1. Fundraising to change people’s lives,
  2. Kept me around fashion: 
  • building my fashion sense. 
  • also helped me understand the British fashion sense, especially as a rookie in the UK.
  • learning about what people wear and would buy during different seasons and times.
3. Helping me blend easily with society by engaging with different people.



4. Volunteering as a retail salesperson at Crisis has made me return to my first love - reading. I’ve bought some very interesting books which have changed my life! 


Books I bought from Crisis shop as a Volunteer, 2021.

It’s always fun to be around here, and speaking about buying stuff, it is too tempting to be around beautiful things and not buy something, so I end up buying loads, including clothes! Lol


Crisis Shop, Dec 2021
Crisis Shop, July 2021























All of these have contributed to why I think I’m leaving 2021 a better person, and I’m grateful for that. I have no idea what the coming year holds, but I’ll be happy to savor it as it comes! ðŸ˜Š


As a bonus to my volunteering with Crisis, I did some modeling activity which I am super proud of. In previous articles, I have also highlighted the importance of volunteering using my experiences

I have written an article about why I chose to volunteer especially for homelessness, you can find the link here - “Homelessness in the UK”. 


Here is a video summarizing my year with Crisis

What has been your experience with volunteering?


In the posts below I shared other invaluable highlights of my 2021. Click! Click! Click!


HIGHLIGHT - 2: INTERNSHIP 


HIGHLIGHT - 3: MISSING


HIGHLIGHT - 4: NEW LOOK


HIGHLIGHT - 5:


HIGHLIGHT - 6:


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...