CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala




Episode 6...
28th December came the big day, The almighty Calabar carnival itself. A festival of culture, colors and life! In fact Christmas Day in Calabar was not as colorful as the Calabar carnival day itself. Xmas dey trek for where Carnival dey,...It was a blast!

Just before it’s 1pm when the major routes will be blocked, Lucy and I left early to get our nails and hair fixed. We meandered our way through to Watts market...

Hmmmm, coman see babes, see chicks, slay queens, and hardcore Calabar babes with their hairy yellow skin and 'Yam-Legs'...lol, (abeg na joke o) some don dey there since early mor mor! All queued up in the various saloons, either changing their hairstyles, attaching artificial lashes, carving their brows, fixing nails and others doing “bend-down-select”.

We wait wait wait ooooo!... Until it finally got to our turn, after hers was done, Lucy immediately rushed off and left me behind cos she was part of the bands participating in the carnival and needed to be there with the rest of the team. 

Time don go, as I dey tell you so, 4’0clock don nack o, since morning I came to the market still battling to get my nails done by 4pm.

Naso o! How I go do? I exercise “payshence” and finally i got mine done! 

As if I foresaw the delay, I kukuma went along with my “Carnival outfit”, my makeup bag, cologne, plus my big Balenciaga sneakers all packed in my black back pack before I left for the market in the morning. lol
Too much sense!*winks*

Nor be small load O, the bag heavy eh!

Quick quick, I went to a shop, a barbershop, and pleaded with the owner to allow me use one corner of his shop as my dressing room. As kind as he was, he not only permitted me, he also evacuated the shop and excused me for my privacy so i can change up...Awwww how sweet! Calabar people are so hospitable.


Finished dressing, came out and sat in front of the shop to have my makeup done. After 30mins, I makeup finish, was just admiring myself in the mirror when one man from nowhere came and almost ruined my day...

O lawd!...You need to...To Be CONTINUED...

Next Episode loading...


Have you visited my Instagram diary page @diaryofafemale9jakopa and My personal page @progressoberiko today? Then you're really missing out!
Twitter @Oberiko_pro
Facebookpage @Progress Oberiko

Gat intriguing stories too? Share your experiences with us via Progressoberikoblog@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...