THE CHRONICLES OF DAWA-DAWA





(Smells like Sh*t)

Dawa-Dawa(Locust beans), as it is locally called, was an indispensable seasoning in all the delicacies I prepared. At first I swore to never have anything to do with it because of the horrible smell that came along with it. "It is a fly lover. Chai the smell na blast!" But this same lady, my customer, convinced me, and also schooled me on the health benefits of Dawa-dawa: in her words, “google it na, Kopa. It is very very good”. 

I tried it once, and the taste of the soup was unusually sumptuous. And that marked the Genesis of Dawa-dawa in my life!

I even discovered that it has a way of controlling the salty quantity in food. Wow! I found my magic wand; it had no disadvantages, none I have been affected by. I never prepared a meal without a touch of Dawa-Dawa; and like melanin, all the meals I prepared always came out popping. Nobody knew the secret.

My love for it increased in geometric progression, to the extent that I not only added it in my soup, I used it for my "concoction rice", "oil rice", porridge, etc; E remain small I for put am for Tea...

Oh! Dawa-dawa my love! You give me more assurance than Davido.
Dear Husbands, if you think I’m joking ask your wives, she’ll tell you the secret. Cross Riverians can testify!

It never lacked in my reservoir; after my service year when I passed out, I thought it wise to extend this magic wand to mom, so I bought a handful of “Dawa-dawa” when I was traveling back home. 

Dawadawa lives on!
WritingChef 
ItzPr0gr3X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...