*READERS* *DISCRETION* *IS* *ADVISED*!




As soon as I left camp and arrived the town I was posted to, I went straight to my PPA (place of primary assignment). It's a secondary school. Mhen! If you see this school eh! Chai! You wee pity me. Located down down, almost at the extreme of a street whose untared mud road is sloppy and pot-holed, surrounded by huge trees and unsolicited bushes. The school jus perch for one corner of the bush. Made of only three dilapidated buildings, with their rickety and rusted zinc roofs, waiting to be blown away by one 'skelewu' breeze. 
They just carved windows on the buildings without actually putting "windows". Lol. Enter the staff room and coman see cobwebs and leaking roofs. Chai! NYSC wee nor kee me o! I was in my NYSC uniform, so as I stood there observing the place, one man dressed in shorts and dirty shirts, with a machete in his hands, looking like one who just finished weeding a farm, walked up to me the asked;

"Are you one of the kopas posted here"? I nonchalantly replied- 

"Yes sir", so he continued 

"OK you're welcome my dear, I'm the principal of the school and I've been expecting you". 

"So can I see your redeployment letter so I can sign the accept you"? (In my mind -- "Accept who", Mthcheew! God forbid!) I then asked him if the school has an accommodation for corpers, and he pointed one building to me. Shezuuus! If you see this building, you wee cry for Corpers. 

I dunno wether to call it a mud house or a block house because one side was plastered With mud while the other was cemented. One part of the roof was blown open and left hanging in the air, no carpet, no ceiling fan, there was a wooden bed that looked like the one my great grand mother used in her days. I'll only give you a tip of What the toilet and bathroom looks like. Twas separate from the apartment itself. A pit toilet, with shit plastered all over the walls and fat fat buzzing flexing the odour. Anyàmà! I feel like pukingThe bathroom made with zinc was just beside his sister, the toilet. You'll have to stand on a plank to bath, then you'll sweep the water away when you're done bathing. I av dead! 

So after I finished looking around, the man noticed my broken heartedness and tried consoling me by telling me that they are renovating the building, that before we resumed work it'll be ready. (in my mind - "nor be me and you o"!) I then told him I wanted to go and see my Local government inspector at the council, that I'll be coming back. I didn't give him my letter o. I went straight to my L.i and explained to him the situation of the environment, and that was how I escaped that school o. I got a better place. Service is not easy o! Some corpers are going through hell! 

Some employers take advantage of corpers and overwork them cos they feel we're helpless. FG suppose dey pay like 50k for all these inconveniences. I have said my own o! Lemme coman be going. See you in my next story 

More stories on instagram @diaryofafemale9jakopa and @progressoberiko, Twitter @Oberiko_pro, Facebook @Progress Oberiko

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...