WHILST YOU WAIT!




Have you realized that waiting only appears longer when you do nothing but WAIT?


Imagine waiting for a bus while pressing your phone or having a conversation with someone.


Waiting for the meal to be heated in the microwave while doing the dishes.


Waiting for a video to download while polishing your nails


Etc...


On these various occasions, the waiting time passes without you noticing how long you have spent waiting. 


But if you simply focus on waiting without engaging in anything else, the wait looks forever and boring.


For this reason, I’d like to urge you to #ENGAGE whilst you #WAIT!


As you pray and hope for God to bless you with that dream job, how about you engage in something e.g volunteer jobs/projects?


What stops you from engaging in building yourself/career whilst you wait for a life partner?


As you wait for that strike/holiday to be over, why don’t you read books or learn a skill?


During the total lockdown last year, I found it hard to complain of boredom when others did. 


Why? 


I engaged in some online courses including the free options offered by Harvard business school, edX, Udemy, etc.,


I learned some creative skills on YouTube and from friends, whereby you ‘Isolate and Create’.


I learned driving. 


I applied for institutions that I had an interest in. 


I spent time burning unsolicited fat. 


Wrote loads of articles, some unpublished.


etc.., 


These activities made my 24hrs run so quickly, that I wished for more lockdown days. In the midst of SO MUCH to do, there were some who complained of NOTHING to do.


Notice that these activities end up counting as a plus for you! By engaging in them you up your game, and become better than you were, preparing yourself for opportunities when they arrive.


It’s not a cliche when they say ‘opportunity meets preparation'.


Today, I enjoin you to make good use of your waiting time!


Instead of just WAITING, try ENGAGING!


©️Progressoberiko 

#ItzPr0gr3X✌️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...