MOHAMED




Shopping in the market was an interesting experience and I always looked forward to “Market days” in Ogoja/Bekwarra which came every five days. I had customers; Kindhearted men and women, boys and girls who I bought specific items from. No matter how meager the item was, they were happy to have me around, and that feeling alone kept me faithful to their shop.

I was staying alone, so I needn’t much cash to set my soup in shape. Two hundred naira (N200)worth of beef was good to go for a sizable pot of soup or stew; if I wanted to spoil myself a bit, I’d raise it to N300, excluding other side attractions like “Kpomor”, “Crayfish”, “Periwinkle”, “smoked fish”, and “okporoko fish” which must not be lacking in my delicacies.

I only had one customer in the market whom I bought beef from, Mohamed. A Muslim; he was a fine and nice guy too, even though other meat sellers got jealous and tried to steal me from him, I remained faithful.

He never misses his prayers on a daily basis and on Fridays when he went to the mosque. He’s one faithful Muslim I know. Mohamed on his part was a very kind and faithful customer, I didn’t mind waiting for him to finish his prayers in the afternoon which he does by the side of his table, just because I wanted to buy meat from him. Nothing special tho, just being faithful to my customer.

I never had a reason to buy on credit sha;  no matter how "Allawee" delayed, God always provided some spare cash to fix my stomach.
I began to avoid Mohamed when he started to ‘dash’ me meat. Hmmm

At first it felt normal, but became quite skeptical when every time I bought meat from him, he’d say: “Kopa go, nor worry about the money”.
I began to feel uncomfortable . How can he be ‘dashing’ me meat just like that?

At other times when I insisted that he collected the money, he’d increase the quantity of beef he sold for me; so N200 beef be looking like N500. Woah!

I can’t continue like this o, “oshofree” dey purge belle. I said to myself. So I began to dodge him.

Chill there!
There’s something I haven’t told you yet and there’s a special someone I’d like you to meet in a jiffy!
Wait for my next post

Visit my instagram handle on dairyofafemale9jakopa for more intriguing stories.


A View Of The Bekwarra Market, Abuoichiche In Cross River State

Abouichice Market, Bekwarra Local Government Area

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...