Oga stop me here o!

 




Location: Brighton

    I recall one of my first times boarding a commercial bus in London. Usually, if you intend to alight at a certain bus stop, you’re expected to press the bell before the driver approaches the bus stop. So on this occasion, I got to where I was gonna alight, and of course, I wasn’t used to "pressing the bell" before hand, so as the driver approached my street I tried to alert him by saying “I’m stopping here o”, but he didn’t listen. 


    Before I said jack, he had zoomed passed my street, then I started screaming “Oga stop me here o”... (Pidgin English).



Location: London

    For where! The driver didn’t even turn towards my direction even though I was standing right beside him in the bus. Everyone in the bus was giving me the ‘what’s-wrong-with-this-one’ look.🙄


    Then I remembered that I was in the UK. But before I would press the bell, driver had driven like five bus stops passed my street. ðŸ˜©


    Omo! That day, see trekking for me. Plus my plenty heavy bags. No Okada! 

I almost cry! ðŸ˜©


#storyofmylife


FacebookInstagramLinkedIn.




Location: London Eye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...