DAY IN THE NIGHT




Night turned day in Calabar as we savored every minute of the carnival till the last bone.

I nor gree go house, as I made sure that I saw every band, their presentation and costumes which was lit.

As at 1.am I was still walking, following the huge crowds of people from all walks of life trekking on the road like the people of Israel heading the promise land.

Sleep departed for a while but trust me, as a 10 O’clock sleeper that I am, I couldn’t hold back for long. I Dey do ‘Strong head’, Dey from ‘Agbakara’, remain small I for land for inside gutter duuuuuuum  as I began sleeping-walking and reeling like Clint De Drunk but thank Jah for my buddy who stood beside me John Edom, he held my hand like a baby and led me to the path of “Right-teousness” while I sleep-walked.

I saw kids running around and doing the Jerusalem trekking too, women and men and babes of my age still catching the midnight fun and the whole electrifying exuberance. I just couldn’t accept the fact that I was sleepy and needed to call it a day, when my mates are still shining eyes, No way!

Mhen! Nor be joke o! You needed to have seen me drowse... Lol...I was really dozing and it was so uncontrollable as if I was alcohol intoxicated. I couldn’t even order my own steps you can imagine  It was cray cray .. Thank God I didn’t see anyone I know, and I know no one saw me
Lol...I loose guard big time,  But It was all more fun tho.

At least I’ll get to gist my kids that I was sleep walking in Calabar carnival one year like that, because I refused to go home but wanted to see the end of the whole carnival. And they will laugh so hard at their mom,  and tell their children too about the doggedness of their grand ma. Lol

And yes I stood the test of time! I watched the carnival to the end!

For your viewing pleasure, here are pictures...But I know you’ll be looking to find the one where I was sleep-walking
Keep looking, look harder...The more you look, the less you see...
“ABRAKADABRA”. Lol

Have you visited my socials...?
Facebook @progress Oberiko
Instagram @diaryofafemale9jakopa and @progressoberiko
Twitter @Oberikopro

ItzPr0gr3X







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...