NEWYEAR B.P




Like play like play this is another year again o!
Approaching 40 and still not married. When am I going to meet my futre partner?...Another year!

I’m not growing any younger, Since I finished NYSC, Mom’s latest chorus has been Marriage Marriage Marriage🎶...Another year!

Since I broke up with my ex I’ve been so devastated, where can I find true love?...Another year!

All my mates are getting married even the ones wey worwor are flaunting engagement rings 💍 in the air, when will mine be? ...Another year!

Mom wants grand children already and Dad has started to juxtapose me and my friend who recently bought his father a car ..Another year!

See my younger sister, she’s planning marriage already, and mine is yet to come...Another year!

We’re 5yrs into this marriage no kids, my mother in-law is a bone in my throat...Another year!

See my husband, when is he gonna stop cheating?...Another year!

I can’t tolerate Mom’s nagging anymore, I need to move out of this house, My siblings don’t even respect me anymore, see how dey talk to me no regards!..Another year!

It seems this decency thing ain’t working, I can’t continue keeping my virginity, I wanna explore!...Another year!

I thought I’d get a job last year but nothing, now I’ve crossed over, will this one be miserable too?...Another year!

I’m brilliant and gat skills too but I don’t have connections to get a good job chai! How I go do?...Another year!

I want to do my masters degree program, no sponsor!...Another year!

My house rent will soon expire where will I go? Landlord is no longer smiling...Another year!

Schools have resumed again, school fees on my neck!...Another year!

This is gonna be my 3rd jamb, all my classmates have gotten admission already...Another year!

Yes it’s a new year and everyone seems happy about it but deep down some wish they can stop the hands of the clock from ticking and press reverse in the remote of time. This is the plight of different individuals who have crossed into the new year. So many things to worry about, too many responsibilities, too many troubles, too many fears.
Ulcers not as a result of starvation but apprehension.

They say to themselves
- “I can’t take it anymore”! “It is better I just end it”
- “lemme kukuma take my life because I’ll never be able to meet up”!

Social media seems entertaining but it is a major source of depression because instead of being grateful for what we have, we compare our lives with others. Even the ones who soak garri as breakfast snap with iPhones  and Benz as their property. We go Gaga over nothing!

Our parents will not give us peace, pressures from left right and center! I wish I could just get out of the country.

Pulse keep racing as if in a competition for some World Cup prize! Blood pumping beyond normal.

Pillows are soaked from tears  every god damn night. Day have become night and night day.

It’s the 9th day of a newyear but we’ve recorded over five (5) suicides already. What a waste!

Well, I’ve only got one thing to say, here it goes: Do me a favour..instead of worrying in vain focus your dint on developing your brain...your greatest competition is the guy in front of the mirror. Remember you can't be everything but with focus and determination and persistence you can achieve anything.
Always learn to shut out the negatives, suicide should not be an option cos life will still go on even without you... In the end worry less but do your best...Don’t be too serious, you can’t be everything!
Suicide is not even an option because after you die, you nor even know where you dey go

#HAKUNA_MATATA

Read mind boggling stories on Instagram @diaryofafemale9jakopa and @progressoberiko
Twitter @Oberiko_pro
Facebookpage @Progress Oberiko

Share your stories and experiences with us Progressoberikoblog@gmail.com

#ItzPr0gr3X✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...