HUMAN HAIR 2


“ROUND CUT” as it was called, was my favorite style of haircut and a token of #50 will get you a neat haircut back then but now, I bet that token has trippled.
The barbershop was within the neighborhood so he became our customer. Something happened one day that drew attention. I've always been very observant from Adam hence I paid attention to what might seem meaningless to others. On several occasion i noticed that after shaving a number of customers, the shop owner would
sweep the shop and pack the hairs into a nylon bag. 
There was this man who only comes around the shop by twilight, apparently wealthy, would park his Jeep by the roadside and sit outside the saloon. What or who was he waiting for? I couldn't tell but obviously didn't come to have a haircut.

 Whenever the shop owner finishes sweeping, he hands over the pack of hair in the nylon bag to this ‘Big man’ who thereafter hand him some amount of money and drives off. This action was not done in the open, but in an enclosed veranda extending from the shop. As a smallie, no one paid attention to my presence or suspected that I was watching. E don tay wey I dey observe...lol

I observed this for a longer period and decided to take an action...Guess what i did??? 

On that fateful day, I went with my sisters to have our haircut as usual, waited for a while then it eventually got to my turn. As soon as he finished cutting our hair, I saw this ‘Big man’ lurking as usual. As if in a hurry to keep his shop clean, the barber began to sweep the shop, so I said to him;
-Bros make I help u sweep am (As if to show respect). I took the broom from him while he went out to have a chat with the man outside. I quickly swept the place and packed our hair into a nylon which was in my pocket. 

By the time he came back, I was already done, “Where the dirty wey u sweep na”? He asked. 

-I don pack am troway. I responded. He became perplexed at once and asked me to go show him where I threw the dirt, I took him to a gutter and pointed, there! His countenance died at once as he couldn’t find any trace of hair anywhere. He appeared confused and kept on with the search.

-"Bros I dey go house o, shit dey kash me". I said to him cos I needed to be out of his surrounding already. He didn’t suspect I had taken the hair I swept along with me. So I took my sisters and we left.
Got home and burned the hair. And that was the last time we ever visited his shop. End of story!
For you guys and babes that cut your hair in public saloons, Abeg pack your hair after every cut, na your property. Ritualists Dey hungry!


Intriguing articles on Instagram @diaryofafemale9jakopa and @progressoberiko
Twitter @Oberiko_pro
Facebookpage @Progress Oberiko


Share your experiences with us via Progressoberikoblog@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALABAR CARNIVAL 4...THE QUEEN ON FIRE!

This Gender! (Part 1)

ONE CHANCE

CALABAR CARNIVAL 6...Wahala

CALABAR BIKE CARNIVAL 2

ONE BIG FAMILY CALLS FOR HELP

PLANTAIN SELLER TURNS ECOBANK AMBASSADOR

My HUSTLE

ONE BIG FAMILY...THE PARTY!

Dear International Student...